Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Product Review: WebCam Covers (10 count) by CamShield




Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 

This is a 10 pack of grey WebCam Covers. They can be placed over the camera on most computers, mobile devices, iPads, MacBooks, and other magnetized devices. They are 0.1 mm thick, clear, easy to apply and remove, and are also reusable.


I used one of the covers on my laptop webcam. My laptop webcam automatically turns on and searches for a live image of me when my computer is ready to be logged into. Since I must not look the same as the picture the camera on my laptop took of me, it constantly searches for an image of me that matches. With this cover over the camera it still searches for me sometimes but other times it will give an indication that the camera doesn't work, which is what these covers are supposed to do...disable or distort the image of the camera feature.

I also used one of the covers over the camera on my iPhone. I could still see an image on the screen when the camera feature is turned on, it is just very blurry. So, I feel like the cover did a good job of making the camera not work as it is supposed to. So if anybody were to access the camera feature on my phone without me knowing it, their image would most likely be very blurry.

Using these Webcam Covers on my laptop and iPhone have been an easy way to disable the Webcam features on these devices. I wish they were thick enough to block out the whole image and go beyond being blurry but at least if people are trying to steal images or other information from accessing webcams they will be receiving distorted images with these covers on.

My review = 4 out of 5 stars

I received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


#coziii

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/CamShield-WebCam-Cover-Pack-SATISFACTION/dp/B01L6FY5XK/?ie=UTF8&keywords=webcam+cover
 

No comments:

Post a Comment