Sunday, October 2, 2016

Product Review: Kids' Stencil Set by Sillycuite



Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.
 

This Kids' Stencil set comes with 4 different themes and 6 sheets of stencils. The themes are symbols, vehicles (or moving machines), animals (2 sheets), and sea life (2 sheets). There are also colored and black and white drawings included with each sheet.

I used this stencil set in a variety of ways:

I traced some of them onto watercolor paper. I traced them with a pencil and colored them with watercolor pencils. It turned out nice because the watercolor pencils traced and colored smoothly in the designs on the watercolor paper.



I also traced one sheet with a gel pen and colored it with markers on copy / printer paper. That also turned out nice because the markers were able to fill the spaces in the designs without leaving much of any white on the paper that I noticed.



I also traced one sheet with a gel pen and attempted to color some of the designs on that sheet with gel pens. I recommend tracing them with gel pens but not coloring them with because there was a lot of space to fill that came out kind of streaky.



I also traced one of the designs (a lamb) onto a canvas with a pencil and painted it with watercolor paint. I used the design to describe what the words I wrote in another language meant.

This is the Hebrew phrase "Ewe lamb" that I used the lamb stencil to help illustrate.
It was easy to stay in the lines of the drawings with each method I used to color them. These stencils can be used in a variety of other ways also. I hope to use them for other stenciling needs I run into for different painting and drawing projects. I also plan to use them for future teaching ideas that will help children to grasp onto a new word or phrase.

Using these stencils would be great for kids because they can learn about the various items in the stencils while helping to develop or sharpen their art and drawing skills.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

I received this product at a discount from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

#stencilsetkids

Available through Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FCYZQ8E

 

No comments:

Post a Comment