Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Product Review: Punderdome by Jo and Fred Firestone

Punderdome is a game to create puns. It is supposed to be played with three or more people. One person is supposed to be the prompter reading questions from two different colored cards (white and green). Two other people (or two teams) are then supposed to come up with a so ridiculous it's awful pun that combines the card prompts. The two players have 90 seconds to come up with puns that combine the prompts. There is also some extra time given as a reward to the player that answers the quickest. The prompter is also in control of what to put in the mystery envelopes for later, which can be a really good prize or a really bad one! The prompter can even walk away winning, thus receiving the two mystery envelope prizes that were going to be given by him/her.

In my opinion, this would be a great game for people that like to create puns. I have noticed that it is hard for some adults to come up with puns (it is hard for me), so I think it might be hard for some children to also, although I think children would have the most fun trying to think up some, and may even be better at it than adults!  I think adults should be the prompters and children should be the players, although it says that this game is for ages 12 and up (maybe based on some of the topics). I don't think a group of adults would have fun playing this game without children, I believe that children are the ones that will get the most laughs from the questions and the answers on the cards.

My review = 3 out of 5 stars (based on this game only being for ages 12 and up because I think children would have more fun creating puns).

I received this product from Blogging for Books for this review.

More information:

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/533671/punderdome-by-by-daughter-father-duo-jo-and-fred-firestone-creators-of-punderdome-3000/

Author bio:

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/authors/2117407/jo-firestone/

No comments:

Post a Comment