Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Product Review: 19 Disc Extruder Press by US Art Supply




Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 
This 19 Disc Extruder Press is to be used with products such as ceramic clay, polymer clay, bread dough, cakes, cookies, and sugar paste. The 19 discs include many different shapes/designs. They can be used for baking and craft projects (once the extruder and discs are used with non-baking products I wouldn't recommend they be used for food projects though).


The purpose I used this product for was for adding some decorations to a cake. I thought it would work okay with the icing that is sold in a tube. The kind of icing I used wasn't thick enough for this extruder though. I used some of the gel icing that comes in a small tube; that icing slipped out in one or two gobs from the extruder when pressed and it made jelly-like circles. I also used a little bit thicker icing that came in a bigger tube. It came out thicker and more like the designs on the discs but I kept thinking the icing needs to be thicker as I was using it. I didn't totally fill up the extruder with either type of icing but I felt like I put enough in it to create the icing to come out more than one or two times when pressed. The icing came out really fast both times although it came out much faster with the thinner gel-like icing.



I found out later that this product works really well with fondants and other thick food pastes so I hope to use it with at least one of those food pastes in the future. If I do and it works better I plan to update my review.

One thing to keep in mind is that this extruder and the discs included are very small. The disks and the designs are very cute to me though.  I keep the discs in a small bag to keep them all together.

My review= 3 out of 5 stars

I received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IFXY74I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment