Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Product Review: 53 Piece Children's Art Set by U.S. Art Supply


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This review is meant for parents, teachers, and other people that work with children to read.

This 53 Piece Children's Art Set contains 12 Colored Pencils, 12 Washable Color Marker Pens, 8 Color Changers Markers, 4 Highlighters, 12 Oil Pastels, 1 Ruler, 1 Eraser, 1 Pencil Sharpener, 1 Mechanical Pencil, and 1 Pencil Lead Pack.

The colored pencils worked great for coloring in an adult coloring book, so I know they will work well in children's coloring books as well. They also worked well coloring letters on a piece of black paper; I could see all the colors well.

The washable colored markers colored well on Manga / Marker Illustration paper. They were a little scratchy but I don't think they are the highest quality markers. They didn't bleed through that illustration paper. I also used them in an adult coloring book. As with most other colored markers on most non-thick and non-construction paper, the colors bled onto the back of the pages and some of the next page. They didn't bleed enough to cause the next drawing in the coloring book to be messed up for coloring though.

The colored pencils in this set did a great job of coloring in these Hebrew letters on black paper.
The color changers markers colored for me with the colors on their cases, and never switched over to the colors on the caps. Maybe if I experiment with them more I will see them change colors. In my opinion, they have better color than the colored markers in this set; the color glided on better when I used them on white paper to color a coloring page.

The highlighters worked well with highlighting some text in a book I was reading that I wanted to use highlighters for. A small amount of the highlighter ink bled through onto the back of the page. The highlighters have pens on the other ends of each of them. All the highlighters and pens worked. They are not high quality pens but they would definitely be good for small amounts of writing for children. These come with a ring loop on the end, maybe to attach to a belt, or something else it can be attached to.

I used the oil pastels on black paper and they colored kind of like crayons. They didn't fill up the whole spaces and some parts of the drawings had more wax-like looking colors on them than other parts.

The ruler will help children keep lines straight. It is about half the size of a regular-sized ruler (6 inches long).

The eraser erased colored and regular pencil well off both metallic and regular paper.

The pencil sharper sharpened a few of the pencils well in this set when I saw that they needed to be sharpened.

I had forgotten what it was like to use a mechanical pencil before and it worked well for me. I used it to write some definitions for vocabulary words. I like that this set comes with replacement lead. Children will probably need an adult to put the lead in the pencils for them.

This is a very nice Children's Art Set! In my opinion, it would be a great gift set to give children at the beginning or end of the school year by teachers in regular and Bible schools if there will be arts and craft activities (and if the teachers can afford it to buy one for every student). I think it would be great for children to have as starter set for the Pre-K and Kindergarten ages.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018MPSOCA



No comments:

Post a Comment