Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Product Review: Fineliner Color Pen Set by Platinum Art Supplies

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


This Fineliner Color Pen Set comes with 2 sets of 30 different colors (60 pens total), including neon colors. There are different shades of blue, green, purple, red, orange, and yellow and include a black and silver pen as well in each set. The ink is non-toxic and acid free.

I used these Fineliner Pens in an adult coloring book to test out how they worked with fine lines. They colored them well, although I think gel pens work better for me in coloring books. Some of the ink leaked to the next page, although I get the impression these pens were not made for coloring in all coloring books (maybe coloring books with fine lines only), but wanted to see how they worked in one with some fine lines and larger spaces to color. They will fill in large spaces that need coloring but it takes awhile to color those larger spaces with these pens.

I also used these pens to write in cursive and to define some vocabulary words in print and they did a great job with that. Again, the pens bled through the page onto the back and the next page when I wrote with them on regular copy paper. These pens also did a great job of helping me to draw straight lines between vocabulary words. In my opinion, they are finer than using a pencil in a lot of cases (depends on how sharp or full the pencil is). I will probably use them more to write when I do not have to do any writing on the back of a piece of paper. I do like how they write but also do not want what I wrote on the opposite side to blend in with what I write on an opposite page.

I love that I now have 30 colors to choose from now when I am writing. To me, they are definitely more for using with drawings that need small lines and spaced filled in versus spaces that need a lot of color, they would also be great to have handy for drawing and doodling!

My Review= 4 out of 5 stars

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Fineliner-COLORING-Colorful-Individual-Colors/dp/B01ES5D7CU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I received this product free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment