Thursday, May 5, 2016

Product Review: 36 Watercolor Pencils by US Art Supply


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
This set of 36 Watercolor pencils comes in a plastic case with a handle and snaps to keep the case closed. It can be conveniently carried to different places to use. The pencils come pre-sharpened and have the "U.S. Art Supply" logo printed on them, making them easy to keep in one set if they get misplaced.




I used these Watercolor pencils in an adult coloring book to color different sizes and shapes of flowers. To me the texture came out looking like crayons usually do, which is good because some illustrations in adult coloring books are very detailed and crayons are sometimes harder to color them. It could be the kind of paper that specific coloring book used that made these watercolor pencils look like that though. They have given me a new option to use colored pencils that color like crayons in that adult coloring book now.

I also used these Watercolor pencils on a thicker sheet of paper to color a coloring page that was not in a coloring book. After I colored it, I wet the drawing with a paintbrush and the picture turned out brighter and more lively-looking to me. Some of the colors on the page look kind of splotchy to me, like there are wet marks to me in the picture. I do still like the color effects of the picture with the water added versus how the watercolor pencils looked without water because the colors do not look as streaky to me.

I think a lot of people will like that these Watercolor Pencils can be used wet or dry and can produce a wide variety of shades and tones when blended together.

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q3HXDC6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment