Monday, March 21, 2016

Product Review: 9"x12" Black Spiral Sketch Pad by US Art Supply

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 
This 9"x12" Black Spiral Sketch Pad comes with 30 sheets of Spiral Bound Black Heavy Weight Sheets that are neutral pH and acid free. The paper is great for creating cool effects with metallic pencils, gel pens, and oil pastels.

Pictures of animals and flowers I drew on this Black Paper with acrylic paint (top: squirrel), oil paint (middle: bear), oil pastel (bottom: dear), and gel pens (sides: flowers). The off black color beside the bear is where some of my tape was for the stencils that took some of the blackness of the paper with it when I took it off.
I drew some pictures from stencils on this paper with acrylic paint, oil paint, an oil pastel, and gel pens. Each picture I drew with the different kinds of color came out with a chalky effect (which I think this paper is supposed to help accomplish). The oil paint worked the best for me, which filled in all the parts of the picture from what I could tell. The acrylic paint (not recommended that I can see to use with this paper but I wanted to try it out on it anyway), gel pens, and oil pastel came out looking like less of the picture had totally been filled in with color but also had cool effects, like the description on the front of my paper pad explains. What is great is that lighter, brighter colors worked the best on this paper for me; it is hard to bring out their effects on lighter paper so I loved to see that!

I love that this paper comes with a spiral at the top because people can choose to either color directly on each page of the pad and keep the pages intact or rip out as many pieces of the paper as they want to draw on.

A picture of a squirrel that I drew on the back of this paper with a few different gel pens.
It is great that various forms of color can be used on this paper and that the backside of the paper can even be drawn on and will also bring out cool effects, which I tried with a few gels pens that worked well on it.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLRZZLO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment