Friday, January 22, 2016

Product Review: Drawing Manikin by US Art Supply


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
This Drawing Manikin by US Art Supply is on a stand and is made of seasoned hardwood. The joints are moveable so people can learn how to draw many different human positions (standing, sitting, reaching hands up in the air, kicking, etc.). What is great is that people could put the manikin in front of decorative scenes and draw a person from this manikin in that kind of a scene. It also can be used as a decorative art piece.



This manikin is pretty flexible. It possibly can be looked at as the skeleton of some human drawings; once the skeleton is drawn then skin, clothes, shoes, and other accessories can be drawn. Some of the positions wouldn't move that well on the manikin...the chest wouldn't stay forward, the knees were hard to flex, and the legs would move but they didn't move and flex really well at the knees.  The arms do move all the way around and can be raised, the legs and feet can be raised to about the hip area, and it can be moved around from a standing to a sitting (in the air) position.

I did draw a picture of a person from this manikin; it is definitely a beginner's type of drawing and I am hoping to become a better drawer of people from having this manikin to look at.

I believe this will be a fun product to help people learn how to draw people better.

My review= 4 out of 5 stars


#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBDBBLM


I  received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment