Thursday, January 7, 2016

Product Review: 6"x6" Stretched Canvas (6 Pack) by US Art Supply

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 
This 6 pack of 6"x6" Stretched Canvases by US Art Supply can be used with oil, acrylic, and other painting media. They contain a 3/4 inch profile and kiln-dried stretcher bars, are hand stretched, and are stapled in the back, which gives them staple-free edges. They are triple primed with acrylic gesso which is acid-free.
These canvases were easy to paint on with acrylic paint. I used more than one coat, usually two or three in some places on the canvas. I usually draw what I'm going to paint and fill in the drawing with paint later. When I did it this way some of the black from the pencil bled into the lighter paint colors (I do not think that is a problem with this canvas though). Next time I will probably try to go lighter on the pencil to try to prevent that. The darker paint color I used looked more rich when I painted in comparison to the lighter color of paint. When I needed to erase pencil marks with a drawing eraser this canvas did a great job of allowing them to be erased, barely showing any indication that the pencil marks were there.
A picture of a trumpet I drew on one of these 6"x6" Stretched Canvases
In my opinion, these 6"x6" Stretched Canvases are great for painting individual pictures of objects. They would be great to use as a starting point for beginning artists as well as teaching students about detail in paintings through a smaller-sized canvas area.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

#usartsupply

Available through Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OE5GPR4

I  received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment