Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Product Review: Stretched Small Canvas Multi-Pack by US Art Supply

 
Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
 

This Stretched Small Canvas Multi-Pack from US Art Supply comes with 2 canvases each of 5 different sizes: 4x4, 5x7, 8x10, 9x12, and 11x14. The canvases are stapled and have clean edges. A few of the sizes (11x14, 9x12) fit nicely on my standing easel to paint on and for the most part were sturdy when I wasn't moving them around with the brushes; I felt more comfortable painting some of the other smaller sizes (4x4, 5x7) on a flat surface.


I painted with acrylic and oil paint on these canvases, with various sized paint brushes. Acrylic paint applied more paint at one time when the brushes had been dabbed in paint. Oil paint took more coats, although the overall texture looked thicker to me when the paintings were finished. I like both paints but I would probably use oil paint more often because although it took longer to apply the paint on these canvases when I used oil paint, the outcome was more colorful to me! I like how the edges of the canvas can be painted also, since the edges stretch over the sides; I was able to expand my painting to the sides because of that.  I like that there are 5 different sizes in this multi-pack because pictures for paintings probably come to people's minds in different sizes, so a variety pack of canvases to match those picture sizes better is great!.

Students and professional artists would most likely benefit from using these canvases!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

***Note: These pictures I painted symbolize something precious to me and have great meaning to me. They are symbols of the Netzarim (Nazarene) group. This is an example of something I have floating around in my mind that there is already a picture made for but that I wanted to see if I could draw it also. I drew it first and then painted it on the canvases.***



Painting on the 11x14 canvas with oil paint
Painting on the 9x12 canvas with acrylic paint

received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment