Friday, October 9, 2015

Product Review: Salad Bowl by Perlli

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


This salad bowl isn't like any regular salad bowl! It comes with a place to put ice in the bottom so food you put in the bowl will stay chilled as long as the ice isn't melted. It comes with a tray to hold items like fruit, cheese, vegetables, and salad. There are some circular spaces in the tray, I think to bring some additional coldness to the food stored on those trays. There is a divider that allows there to be more than one kind of food used on the tray, giving the bowl four separate sections so the different foods will not get mixed up. There is also a cup in the middle of and on top of that divider to store dressings and sauces, a spoon and fork to pick up the food, and a dome lid.

I used this salad bowl to keep apple slices and cheese cold a couple hours before I ate them. The first time I used it I left it sitting out for about 2 hours and the food items were cold when I was ready to eat them. The second time I used it I left it sitting out for about 2 hours and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 45 minutes and the food was not as cold when I had it sitting out for that long, probably because the ice was melted a lot more. I don't think there is any way to keep the cup cold in the middle of the divider so the please keep that in mind when putting dressings and sauces in it. Since I put some honey in it when I was ready to eat the food I am not entirely sure if that cup could be kept cold or not. As most bowls that use ice probably do, the condensation starts dripping after awhile so it would be good to keep a couple of cloth pot holders and even a towel or two underneath if it is being set on delicate surfaces that are affected by water. I plan to continue to use it for fruits and cheese.

This salad bowl was easy to clean before and after I used it. I put it in the dishwasher before I used it and it washed well in there. It was easy to rinse off after I used it, even the honey in the dish was easy to rinse out with water and I didn't need a scrub brush or sponge to help get the honey out before I put it in the dishwasher.

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

received this product at a heavy discount from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment