Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Product Review: 45 Piece Art Set with Watercolor Cakes by US Art Supply

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This is an interesting art set product from US Art Supply! It contains watercolor paints with a paint brush, colored pencils, graphite pencils, pigmented colored crayons, and two pencil sharpeners. This is the quantity of each you will receive in this set:

- 12 Watercolor Palette Colors in Dried Cakes with Painting Brush
- 6 Crisp Line Graphite Pencils
- 12 Pigmented Colored Crayons
- 12 Artist Grade Colored Pencils
- 2 Pencil Sharpeners

The watercolor paints worked well for me on watercolor paper. The paint and water did not drip down off of the paper as I was painting, it seemed to just dry right into the paper. The paint cakes dried well and weren't a sloppy, watery mess.

The line graphite pencils worked well when I used them on some canvases. In my opinion, they drew into the surfaces very easily.

I used the 12 pigmented colored crayons on a coloring picture. They smelled nice (they kind of smelled fruity to me), and they colored very smoothly. One of the coloring ends broke off one of the crayons as I was coloring but all the others I colored with stayed in tact.

The artist grade colored pencils were great to use with an adult coloring book. They were basic colors, which are hard to find in larger selections of colored pencils.

There are probably two pencil sharpeners because one is probably supposed to be used for the Line Graphite Pencils and one for the Colored Pencils. I used one pencil sharpener for one of the colored pencils that lost its point; it sharpened it pretty quickly, without taking up much of the pencil lead. I didn't have to use the other pencil sharpener yet since both the Line Graphite still have strong points on them!

I loved using this art set! I think it would be great for art students that need to use watercolors, line graphite pencils, colored pencils, and crayons. I think it would also be great for first time watercolor artists to have as well as current watercolor artists that go through a lot of watercolor paint, graphite pencils, colored pencils, and pigmented crayons.

My Review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment