Monday, September 21, 2015

Product Review: Oil Painting Paper Pad by U.S. Art Supply

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


This Oil Painting Paper Pad by U.S. Art Supply comes with 15 natural white, glue-bound sheets that are 9"x12".  It is designed to hold up well with oil paints and is useful for mixed media.

This paper seemed to work well for me. It was easy for me to tear paper out of this paper pad. It stood up well on my mini-easel but flopped over a few times, I think only because I had a piece of scrap paper that I don't think was steady underneath to catch paint. In my opinion, the paper is pretty heavy and does a great job of soaking up and displaying oil paint. As soon as my paintbrushes were wet enough (they started out kind of stiff from the last time I used it), the paint seemed to absorb right into the paper. Although I can see where the paint soaked into the paper from the back, it didn't bleed through. The paint on the pictures look and feel like the paint texture I see on canvases.

I believe using this paper is a great way to create mini-paintings before you want to create them on canvases!

My review= 5 out of 5 stars

received this product free from using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment