Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Product Review: Silicone Egg Poacher Cookware Cups in Vivid Colors by Cornupia Brands

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
 
These Silicone Egg Poachers (4 pack of vivid colors of purple, orange, pink, and yellow) were interesting to use! I often do not do well with making eggs over hard and over easy (I am more of a scrambled eggs kind of person) so I hoped this product would help me to become better at that.
 
It took awhile (about a half an hour) for the eggs to cook in these poachers but it could be because I boiled them a little under high heat and a little above medium heat so the water wouldn't boil over. As I boiled some eggs in water using these poachers, they did a good job of making the yolks over hard to me, although there was a small part of the egg yolk that wouldn't cook. I added boiling water to the egg inside the poacher and it looked like it cooked some of the egg yolk that looked raw but there was still a portion that wouldn't cook and I ended up draining as much of the egg yolk as I could.


My cooking project with these egg poachers: The eggs look like they are almost done.
When the eggs were as ready as I think they could have been, I scooped them out with a spoon onto a plate or into a bowl. The eggs were good to me, although I wondered if they were fully cooked since I had just drained some of the egg yolk. Maybe I should have turned the eggs over in the poucher to cook the part of the eggs that looked raw, although I thought it would mess up the way the eggs were supposed to turn out...I might try it that way another time to see if it will cook that small part of eggs that wouldn't cook.


There is still some egg yolk that doesn't look like it is cooked even after I added boiling water inside the poachers.
These egg poachers were easy to wash. I used the scrubby brush to get out the excess egg and put them in the dishwasher on the top rack.

My review= 3 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment