Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Product Review: Tiger Nuts Tubers and Flour by Tiger Nuts


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

At first I didn't know what to think of these Tiger Nuts. They are not nuts but Tubers and are supposed to be healthy. They are organic, high in fiber, low in calories and fats, and the ingredient labels showed me they are filled with different vitamins. Another great thing is that they are from Spain...I have some kind of connection it seems with Spanish people, so this was a great fact for me to learn!

I first tasted the unpeeled Tiger Nuts. They had a sweetness (like a coconut) to them but they were not very easy for me to chew. The more I ate them the easier they seemed to chew to me though. The directions even say you can soak them and eat them later. Then I ate the peeled Tiger Nuts and they were heavenly to me! They were also sweet and they were much easier to chew.

I received what I think is a bonus in my package of Tiger Nut products...it was a bag of Tiger Nuts Flour. It was very interesting to bake with. I used it like regular flour since the bag says it is good to use for cookies, cakes, etc. It didn't seem to bake like other flour I have used. At one point the cookies I made with it looked done because some of the edges of the cookies were starting to look dark and hard but the insides still looked kind of gooey even after I put the cookies back in awhile longer. I did what I think is a wonderful thing though. I put the gooey cookies in the refrigerator and I have enjoyed eating these cold Tiger Nut cookies this way with yogurt and sometimes by themselves. Right now I can't imagine eating them any other way because this is how I like them...the sweetness of the tubers combined with chocolate chips is a great taste to me!

Tiger Nuts are my new snack food! They are great to pop into my mouth when I need something to tide me over for an hour or two. I have learned to LOVE the taste of these Tiger Nut Tubers! It is great to know that they have been around for over 4,000 years. This helps me to understand that this is truly an ancient food, which I have been interested in eating more of.

Tiger Nuts are 100% Gluten Free, 100% Organic, 100% NUT FREE, 100% Allergen Free, 100% Dairy Free, High in Fiber, Low in Calories and Fats, High in Nutrition, Non GMO, Paleo Perfect and they taste great!

Please visit their web site www.tigernutsusa.com and take the tour!

My Review of Tiger Nuts (Unpeeled) : 4 out of 5 stars
My Review of Tiger Nuts (Peeled): 5 out of 5 stars
My Review of Tiger Nuts Flour: 4 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers

No comments:

Post a Comment