Sunday, July 5, 2015

Product Review: Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer by Sunsella




Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial. 
 

I have never seen a vegetable steamer quite like this before. It is expandable to different pots that are used to steam vegetables in. Just fill the pot up with enough water that will also fill the steaming portion, then add the vegetables. When the vegetables are done steaming, you don't need to worry about getting them out with a spoon with holes in it to drain the water because the steamer drains the water for you! And the great part is excess food remains (like pulp) usually stay out of the strainer and stay in the water.

I usually make canned vegetables so it was interesting to try this product to see what it would be like to make steamed vegetables (from frozen form). One of the challenges I faced with using this product is that once the vegetables I was steaming were done, it was sort of hard for me to get the steamer out of the pot since it was very hot. I got it out with some utensil by putting the end of it through the ring in the middle of the strainer. Then I just scraped the vegetables out of the steamer and put it on some other food I had made, the vegetables weren't watery to me because the strainer drained the water well.

It was easy to wash this steamer. It fit nicely into in the dishwasher after it had expanded to its fullest size so the whole steamer could be cleaned. I washed it before and after I used it and it has held up pretty nicely and still looks new to me.

#sunsellaveggiesteamer

My review= 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment