Friday, July 31, 2015

Product Review: 12ml Acrylic Tube Artist Paint Set by US Art Supply

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


This 12ml Acrylic Tube Artist Paint set by US Art Supply contains 12 colors of water-based acrylic paint. The colors that come in the set are not common colors like red, blue, yellow, green, and orange. Instead the colors have names such as Viridian, Crimson, Cobalt Blue, Vermilion, Lemon Yellow, etc. This paint is for use on surfaces such as canvas, fabric, and wood and is non-toxic and non-leaded.
To start out, I took the end of a paint brush to poke through the colors I wanted to use (to open the tubes). I painted on a wooden basket, mostly using stencils. The colors looked great (satiny) on the basket and I only really needed two coats of paint to get the thickness I needed most times.  Sometimes when I painted larger areas it took more than one coat of paint it seemed, although it probably only seemed that way since I was using more paint overall. This paint dried quickly; it seemed like within minutes.

Even if you are new to acrylic painting there are easy projects to start out with, such as I did with my wooden basket project.

Here is a picture of my painting project. I did the same design the whole way around the basket with stencils. I also painted the inside and bottom of the basket. I am new to acrylic painting so this was a good project for me to start out with:


My review = 5 out of 5 stars

received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment