Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Product Review: Silicone Egg Rings by Sunsella



Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This is the first time I remember using egg rings. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure how to use them. The first time I cooked with them I made a some different styles of eggs for the same meal. One egg was over easy, another egg that I attempted to be over easy but the egg starting running and cooked that way, and also one egg scrambled. The first time I used them they did a great job of separating my eggs. When I pushed down the round pin-like arm sticking up from the egg rings they would make indentions in my eggs to keep them in one place.

The second time I used this product I added some onions and bell peppers to my eggs and the egg rings had a harder time keeping the eggs together that time for some reason, even when I pushed the pin-like arm down. The eggs didn't stay over easy from what I remember, probably because of the extra ingredients. I had one scrambled egg with two attempted over easy eggs with this second meal.

So, with my experience I think this product is great for using eggs by themselves without adding many more ingredients to them. Maybe something extra would help keep the eggs in a circle. I did use a lot of onions and bell peppers the second time so that could have been a factor to why they didn't do as well as the first time. I didn't use bacon with this product like the picture in this blog post sort of recommends (I think to keep the eggs in a circle), but if I were to use it in the future I would use turkey bacon.

I wasn't able to get all the egg off of them when I used a scrub brush on them before putting them in the dishwasher, and my dishwasher wasn't able to get it all off either. I was able to wipe the excess egg off with a paper towel though, after they had been through the dishwasher.

#sunsellaeggrings

My Review = 4 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment