Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Product Review: Teeth Whitening Kit from Advanta Supplements

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial. 
 

This is the first time I remember using a teeth whitening kit. I thought I would be sticking the thermoforming trays (jaw inserts) into my mouth as they were but after reading the instructions I learned that I would need to boil them in water for 3-4 seconds then put them in my mouth to cause them to mold to my teeth size. I boiled the upper tray too long and one side of it melted. The other tray I got out in time before it melted. I cut the trays down to the size of my gum line, so I could try to avoid getting the gel on my gums. Even with cutting down the size there are parts of my gums that are in the same area of my teeth, so I thought it would be impossible not to get the gel on my gums.

I tried putting the upper tray in my mouth with the whitening gel already on it but it sort of made a mess in my mouth and some of it looked like it was getting on my gums, which is not supposed to happen because this product does not help the gums. I didn't put the upper tray back in my mouth because it was already messed up from me boiling it too long and it wasn't fitting right in my mouth. I put the lower tray in my mouth for the time indicated. There was a lot of gel that accumulated in the back of my throat so I had to get that out of my mouth while the product was supposed to be working. I didn't notice a huge difference in the color of my teeth with using these trays, that could be because a lot of the product floated to the back of my mouth.

About 4 days later I decided to try the teeth whitening pen on my front and lower teeth that are exposed when smiling. After the gel reached the brush I just painted it on my teeth (after wiping them per the instructions), wiped away any excess gel that I saw with tissue, and left it on for about 15 minutes. There was some gel that accumulated in the back of my throat with this method also but it didn't seem like there was as much, maybe because less gel is used when using this pen versus the inserts. My teeth did look whiter when I was finished using this pen the first time. I noticed an immediate difference. This is the method I will probably use instead of the trays if I use this product again.

There are supposed to be free teeth whitening refills for life with this kit. I haven't ordered any so I am not sure how that process goes. I am not sure if that includes just the gel for the inserts, or if it includes gel for the touch up pen, also.

My product directions include a note not to use this product if you are pregnant/nursing, have poor dental health and jaw problems, and have had recent oral surgery. There is also a note that at home treatments have risks involved (please read this on the insert in case they change/add information to this section). People should consult their dentist about using this product (to see if it is safe for them I think).

I give the teeth whitening trays a 2 and the teeth whitening pen a 4, so I will give this product as a whole 3 out of 5 stars.

Please see details on entering a contest to win this teeth whitening kit here:

http://productsinfrontofyourface.blogspot.com/2015/05/teeth-whitening-kit-contest.html

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment