Monday, March 30, 2015

Product Review: Maxasorb B12 Cream by Vita Sciences




Maxasorb B12 is a cream to be applied (in two full pumps) to the skin for adults and children ages 12 and older once per day or as needed.  It is advertised to be great for eczema, dry skin, and wrinkles. It is also great to use for people that are just wanting to add a dose of vitamin B12. Two full pumps equal one dose. According to the product label, there are 30 doses per tube and it's made with natural ingredients.

The box this product came in reminds me of prescription medication that some people might pick up at the pharmacy, that is prescribed by doctors. It also reminded me of this when I put the product on my skin. I didn't notice what part of the skin it can be applied to on the box or product label, so I applied it to my hands which often need extra work, especially in the winter and spring months when they dry out more than other times. The advertisement also showed a person applying it to their hands, so I thought it was safe to use it on my hands. It had kind of a fruity and toothpaste smell to me. It is made with Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (one of the ingredients), which is probably why. I do like the smell though.

Usually it takes more than one application of regular lotion for it to start working on dry skin on my hands; this product started showing improvement the first time I started using it. I did need to use more than one application of this product per day on some of the days that I used it because of washing my hands soon after applying the product in some cases. This product did a great job of repairing the dry skin on one of my hands (only one of my hands had very dry skin), although the dry skin is not completely healed yet (I was given about a week to try and review this product, so it very well may continue to show improvement in the days and weeks to come).

***Comment added on July 6, 2015: I later had a rash-like reaction on my hand after using this cream. I think it is because I am allergic to vitamin B-12; I had rash reaction to another place on my body when I took vitamins (in another form) with B-12 in them.***

My review = 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.vitasciences.com/MaxasorbB12Cream

Sponsored post. I received this product free in exchange for an honest review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment