Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Product Review: Digital Kitchen Scale by Fraser


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial. 
This digital kitchen scale by Fraser is for precision digital measuring of food, culinary, and baking ingredients. The scale I received already came with a battery in it; all I needed to do was pull out the tab. There is a power button on it and a menu of measuring unit methods (oz, kg, g, lb/oz). It is a handy size, making it easy to fit on a spare spot on a kitchen counter or in a drawer or cupboard.

I first learned how to use this digital scale by weighing a mandarin orange. I also used it to weigh bananas, and a bag of unopened potato chips.  It usually found the measurement it needed when I put those items on the scale but sometimes I needed to scroll through the measuring unit options. Oftentimes the weight would fluctuate back and forth even when the items were sitting still on the scale. For instance, when I measured an 8 oz bag potato chips it first showed the bag weighed 6 oz. When I weighed it again it weighed a little under 8 oz, and the weight sometimes fluctuated back and forth, when it was sitting still on the scale. Sometimes the weight would come out different if I put the scale on a different surface (I used a kitchen countertop and two different kinds of desk surfaces).

Since the weight sometimes wasn’t precise when the products were standing still on the scale and sometimes the weight would come out different when the scale sat on different surfaces, I need to rate this product a 2 out of 5. It could be that I received a scale that didn’t weigh properly. I would recommend this product for home use and also for food demonstrators to use to measure some of the ingredients for their food samples if I found out that I had a faulty scale and the weights on their other kitchen scales in this product line didn’t fluctuate.

My review = 2 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment