Thursday, January 8, 2015

Product Review: Seaweed Powder by InstaNatural


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

This was my first experience with using Seaweed powder that I remember. I was surprised to see such a big container of it when I opened the package it was shipped in. I think it will definitely go a long way. I was also happy to learn that 100% natural and Kosher certified seaweed powder was used, and that it's certified organic.

There were some recommendations of using this product different ways on the product label (cellulite scrub, facial mask, facial scrub, seaweed body wrap). I decided to use it as a seaweed body wrap first because I had all the ingredients needed for that (this seaweed powder, water, olive oil). I took the suggestion of putting it on in the shower because it looked messy and it was. It was a challenge for me to wrap myself in plastic wrap after I applied the body wrap and I found it (the body wrap mixture and plastic wrap) coming off in some places. I let the product set for about a half an hour with the plastic wrap wrapped around me and a sweat suit on. I felt cleaner when I washed the seaweed powder off but other than that I had a hard time noticing if it did anything different to my skin other than making it feel softer. Again, I am new to the experience of using Seaweed powder. It probably did a lot of other things to my skin that I didn't notice, like reducing cellulite.

I tried this product again another day on my face. I just used the Seaweed powder and water because I didn't have any Aloe Vera gel to combine it with the powder and honey. I hoped that would work out okay even though I didn't see any directions on the product label explaining to do it that way. My facial skin felt and looked very clean and purified pretty much right after I washed it off my face. My skin looked red in some places on my face as soon as I had washed the Seaweed powder off of it. It cleared up soon after though.

I probably won't use this product as a body wrap again, only because I don't think I'm a body wrap person for Seaweed powder. I will probably use it on my facial skin though because I liked that experience much better.

My Review = 4 out of 5 stars

 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment