Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Book Review: Stretching the Borders by Yael Shachnay


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

Naomi and Reuben are two people in a marriage that are trying to do the best in raising their children. They even do what most neighbors would do when a neighbor comes to their door to tell them to turn the music down; they are respectful to the request. Their neighbor is taking care of his sick wife after all, and it’s often hard for a man to have a sick wife. They become curious of him and his sick wife and watch them from their home, and are invited into their life in some ways. The relationship with them looks innocent, but really what are these neighbors about?

I liked that this story was based in Israel. I kind of thought it was going to be something different than it was though. I probably didn’t read deep enough into the book description, and I wondered if things would change, and they kind of did at one point, just not soon enough for me because it was hard to read about them. The hardest thing for me was that the story was based on a lot of lies and deception; it was also a little bit x-rated at one point in the story. There were also occasional bad words used throughout it. One thing that didn’t bother me so much was that there looked to be some occasional typos. The cover of the book I first received (shown with this review) is also different than another one currently being advertised, which is another reason I wasn't aware of what the book is about. I didn’t get lost in the story though, which means it wasn’t difficult for me to follow. The end of the book made me wonder if some of the people in the book would change eventually.

This is not the kind of book I would normally request to review, or recommend.

My review =  2 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment