Monday, August 25, 2014

Book Review: David's Miracle by A.D. Erving, Illustrations by Guy Morad


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

David didn’t make the Raymond Hills Warriors basketball team and he feels rejected. He is trying to give up basketball but everything seems to remind him of it, and along the way he runs into other boys who were also rejected from the team, and they play some games against each other and the losers buy the winners pizza at a local pizza restaurant. David and his friends are being bullied, pretty much every time they try to get together to play basketball. Something amazing happens though, which might stop their bullying problem forever, and soon after David discovers an amazing secret that might possibly change the way he thinks about playing basketball competitively.

This is a book for young adults, and most likely will attract those that like basketball. It showed me that we cannot always depend just on our inner circle, we need to be willing to invite others into it who will help us and receive what is available for them to learn also.

There are some random typos or spelling/grammar errors in the book but it didn’t take away from the story for me.

I liked how the story focused a lot on the problem of bullying that I hear so often happens to youth, and it paints a picture that bullies will often not have good outcomes with their incorrect ways of acting. “Offense brings spectators” was listed on a sign with some other encouragement David and his friends received, which to me signified that spectators will show up to watch conflict or an upset but I don’t believe those are true supporters. I loved that one of the characters in this book is Jewish, also. I’m looking forward to hopefully reading the next installment with this series.

My review = 4.5 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment