Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Book Review: Abigail and the Jungle Adventure by Tali Carmi, Illustrated by Mindy Liang


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

Abigail is spending a holiday with her grandparents while her mom and dad are away on a business trip. She roams around the house and goes into their attic while they are napping and discovers a shiny red bike with a basket and a metal bell, along with a book inside of it that gives some instructions that will take her on an adventure to a jungle. She meets some amazing animals and people along the adventure, which her grandma and granddad might not believe…or will they?

I liked the use of animals and nature in this book, which I usually find in children’s books by Tali Carmi. There is some fairy tale “magic” that happens in this book, so it might be for some children and not for others. Ending up in an imaginative (or real to Abigail) jungle while Abigail’s grandparents are asleep is something that helped her use her time by herself. The pictures were very vibrant to me, making the story more interesting to me.

My review =  4 out of 5 stars

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment